By Edward O. Frantz
A significant other to Reconstruction Presidents presents a chain of unique essays that discover a number of vital concerns, subject matters, and debates linked to the presidencies of Andrew Johnson, Ulysses S. furnish, and Rutherford B. Hayes.
- Represents the 1st finished examine the presidencies of Johnson, supply, and Hayes in a single volume
- Features contributions from best historians and presidential scholars
- Approaches the research of those presidents from a historiographical perspective
- Key subject matters contain every one president’s political occupation; international coverage; household coverage; army heritage; and social context in their phrases in office
Read or Download A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865-1881 PDF
Similar government books
There’s the liberty of data Act, after which there’s Ventura’s way.
The legitimate spin on various executive courses is flat-out bullshit, in keeping with Jesse Ventura. during this significant selection of real govt files, Ventura, the final word non- partisan truth-seeker, proves it past any doubt. He and Dick Russell stroll readers via sixty three of the main incriminating courses to bare what relatively occurs at the back of the closed doorways. In addition to delivering unique executive information, Ventura discusses what it fairly capability and the way common americans can cease felony habit on the best degrees of presidency and within the media. between the circumstances mentioned:
• The CIA’s top-secret software to regulate human habit
• Operation Northwoods—the army plan to hijack airplanes and blame it on Cuban terrorists
• the invention of a mystery Afghan archive—information that by no means left the boardroom
• possibly lethal healthcare cover-ups, together with a dengue fever outbreak
• What the dept of security understands approximately our meals supply—but is protecting mum
even if those files at the moment are within the public area, the powers that be could simply as quickly they remain below wraps. Ventura’s study and observation sheds new mild on what they’re now not telling you—and why it issues.
Yossef Bodansky is among the so much respected-and best-informed-experts on radical Islamism on the earth this present day. In "Chechen Jihad", Bodansky attracts on formerly unseen intelligence from his insider resources, to supply the main comprehensive-and startling-portrait of the Chechenization phenomenon and what it potential for the battle on terror.
Writer notice: invoice Clinton [Foreword], William J. Clinton [Foreword]
A riveting investigate the private lives of our presidents in the course of the eyes in their White condo doctor
Dr. Connie Mariano served nine years on the White condominium below Presidents George H. W. Bush, William J. Clinton, and George W. Bush. She participated in global headline-making information occasions and traveled world wide. She cared for traveling dignitaries and was once charged with taking care of the entire contributors of the 1st kin. From flirting with King Juan Carlos of Spain to spending the evening at the Queen of England's yacht, Dr. Mariano glimpsed a glittering and strong megastar that few ever see. White residence physician is an engaging inspect what is going on at the back of closed doorways at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
In bankruptcy 2 we concluded that the current public selection and marxist techniques to the learn of political methods, so far as correct for the research of financial coverage making, are unsatisfactory, for purposes of incoherency, inadequate empirical help, and shortage of specificity~ It was once advised diverse method of the topic can be fruitful.
- Jordanian-Israeli Relations: The Peace Building Experience (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Politics)
- The Rise of the States: Evolution of American State Government
- History of the Republican Party (Your Government & How It Works)
- Law without Nations?: Why Constitutional Government Requires Sovereign States
Extra resources for A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865-1881
1969) “The Lincoln-Johnson Plan for Reconstruction and the Republican Convention of 1864,” Lincoln Herald 71: 33–40. F. (1956) “William P. Johnson, Southern Proletarian and Unionist,” Tennessee Historical Quarterly 15: 330–338. A. (1965) “History of the Biographic Treatment of Andrew Johnson in the Twentieth Century,” Tennessee Historical Quarterly 24: 143–155. C. (1973) “Anatomy of a Unionist: Andrew Johnson in the Secession Crisis,” Tennessee Historical Quarterly 32: 332–354. G. (1975) “Andrew Johnson and the Charleston Convention of 1860,” East Tennessee Historical Society’s Publications 47: 46–75.
CowardMcCann. D. (1978) “Andrew Johnson and the Election of William G. (‘Parson’) Brownlow as Governor of Tennessee,” Tennessee Historical Quarterly 37: 308–320. L. (1969) “The Lincoln-Johnson Plan for Reconstruction and the Republican Convention of 1864,” Lincoln Herald 71: 33–40. F. (1956) “William P. Johnson, Southern Proletarian and Unionist,” Tennessee Historical Quarterly 15: 330–338. A. (1965) “History of the Biographic Treatment of Andrew Johnson in the Twentieth Century,” Tennessee Historical Quarterly 24: 143–155.
M. (1930) “The Second Administration of Governor Andrew Johnson,” East Tennessee Historical Society’s Publications 2: 34–54. Cimprich, J. (1980) “Military Governor Johnson and Tennessee Blacks, 1862–65,” Tennessee Historical Quarterly 39: 459–470. A. (1957) “The Andrew Johnson Homestead at Greeneville, Tennessee,” East Tennessee Historical Society’s Publications 29: 118–140. A. (1974) “The Merchant and the Senator: An Attempt to Save East Tennessee for the Union,” East Tennessee Historical Society’s Publications 46: 53–75.