By Paul Cornell
Notice tips on how to use Microsoft Excel and different Microsoft place of work instruments to entry and examine the knowledge in spreadsheets, databases, and transaction processing platforms for higher enterprise selection making.
Read or Download Accessing and Analyzing Data With Microsoft Excel PDF
Best database storage & design books
Taking an within examine the underlying approaches at the back of telecommunications carrier improvement, this article indicates the reader the right way to construct a profitable carrier inside of a firm, and higher manage and deal with the carrier supply attempt. Written by means of a professional telecommunications professional with two decades adventure, this article identifies and describes the 2 severe levels of telecommunications product improvement - the product and repair supply degrees - and exhibits how they interact to shape a communications carrier.
Examine the abilities wanted for the main in-demand tech jobHarvard company evaluate calls it the sexiest tech task of the twenty first century. facts scientists are prominent, and this precise ebook indicates you precisely what employers wish and the ability set that separates the standard information scientist from different gifted IT execs.
SQL server is the main widely-used database platform on the planet, and a wide percent of those databases will not be competently secured, exposing delicate purchaser and enterprise facts to assault. In Securing SQL Server, 3rd version, you'll find out about the aptitude assault vectors that may be used to damage into SQL server databases in addition to find out how to safeguard databases from those assaults.
- Crystal Reports 9
- Data Strategy
- Encyclopedia of Library and Information Science, First Update Supplement
- IT Manager's Handbook, Second Edition: Getting your new job done
- Practical Database Design for the Web
- Beginning SQL Server 2005 for Developers: From Novice To Professional
Extra info for Accessing and Analyzing Data With Microsoft Excel
If the external data changes, you can see the updated data in the Excel worksheet. In short, importing extracts a copy of the data, while querying links directly to the data. Note As with external data you import, when you query external data, you cannot save changes that you make to the data in Excel to the original data source. To make changes to the external data, you need to use the application in which the external data originated. 48 Chapter 3: Analyzing Data with Microsoft Excel Chapter 3: Analyzing Data with Microsoft Excel 49 To query external data and place the query results into a worksheet: 1.
6. Click the Next button three times. 7. Click the As New Sheet option, and then click Finish. Compare your results to Figure 3-13. 46 Chapter 3: Analyzing Data with Microsoft Excel Chapter 3: Analyzing Data with Microsoft Excel 47 Figure 3-13: Comparing number of nights booked to room service charges. Is there a strong month-to-month correlation between the number of nights that customer Abercrombie books and how much room service charges are for those nights? Do a simple analysis: • Number of months in which the diamond is within one notch of the top of the bar: 7.
This section provides some additional, miscellaneous tasks that you can perform with lists. To reiterate, for the best results when using these data list features, be sure of the following: • The data values in a data list share the same field names. • The data values for each field are presented consistently. • The data values have some type of data in each field, even if the data value is 0, N/A, or Unknown. • Only one list appears on each worksheet. • Field names are descriptive but not verbose.