By Deepak Kamat, Henry M. Adam, Kathleen K. Cain, Deborah E. Campbell, Alexander M. Holston, Kelly J. Kelleher, Michael G. Leu, Thomas K. McInerny, Lamia M. Soghier, Mark L. Wolraich
Here’s the 1st position to show for functional, action-oriented medical ideas — every time and anywhere you wish them. The all-new AAP quickly Reference advisor to Pediatric Care offers the sensible, action-oriented scientific recommendations you would like "right now." it is the excellent source to exploit in the course of or among sufferer encounters. Authoritative AAP content material is gifted in a concise define layout that makes it effortless to 0 in on what you are looking for. speedy search for key info and suggestions on: Prevention, Screening, symptoms and indicators, therapy, Emotional and behavioral difficulties, particular medical difficulties, severe occasions. Need-to-know details and suggestion on greater than 230 subject components: every little thing from belly ache and ADHD to herpes and HIV to umbilical anomalies and UTIs, successfully overview symptoms, Order the proper screening/diagnostic assessments, enforce authorized healing recommendations, Prescribe secure and potent medicines, optimistically reply to sufferer questions, beneficial "extras" assist you locate suggestions even quicker, And greater than a hundred full-color photographs. Contents: stomach Distention, stomach discomfort, zits, Acute Surgical stomach, Adrenal disorder, airlines Obstruction, Allergic Rhinitis, Alopecia and Hair Shaft Anomalies, Altered psychological prestige, Amblyopia, Amenorrhea, Anaphylaxis, Anemia and Pallor, Animal Bites, Anorexia Nervosa, Anuria and Oliguria, obvious Life-Threatening occasion, Appendicitis, bronchial asthma, Atopic Dermatitis, ADHD, Autism, again ache, Bacterial pores and skin Infections, mind Tumors, Bronchiolitis, and masses extra.
Read or Download American Academy of Pediatrics: Quick Reference Guide to Pediatric Care PDF
Best pediatrics books
Pharmacology is key for therapeutics. this is often good acknowledged within the box of inner drugs, for which pharmacological textbooks abound. Paediatric pharmacology notwithstanding, has principally been considered as a subsection of common drugs. this can be fallacious: it's going to be visible as a separate and significant entity.
Preterm babies develop poorly after start and intensely in most cases increase ex utero progress limit (EUGR). although, the hazards and merits of catch-up development in preterm babies needs to be weighed, and facts addressing this warrants exam. Perinatal development and foodstuff explores the explanations for EUGR and the long term results on developmental consequence and on metabolic hazards.
This extensively-updated textual content is designed to advertise excellence in pediatric nursing care, in either acute care settings and in the neighborhood. baby healthiness NURSING, 3/e specializes in aiding scholars synthesize new wisdom, practice evidence-based findings, collaborate with youngsters, households, and different healthcare pros, and use medical reasoning to devise greater care.
- Textbook of Pediatric Neurology
- Bausteine der kindlichen Entwicklung: Die Bedeutung der Integration der Sinne für die Entwicklung des Kindes
- Paediatric Audiological Medicine
- Pediatric nursing care plans for the hospitalized child
- McGraw-Hill Specialty Board Review Cardiology
Additional resources for American Academy of Pediatrics: Quick Reference Guide to Pediatric Care
Thalidomide, a current teratogen in South America. Teratology 1996; 54: 273. Friedman JM, Little BB, Brent RL et al. Potential human teratogenicity of frequently prescribed drugs. Obstet Gynecol 1990; 75: 594. Little BB. Pharmacokinetics during pregnancy. Evidence-based maternal dose formulation. Obstet Gynecol 1999; 93: 858–68. Little BB, Santos-Ramos R, Newell JF, Maberry MC. Megadose carbamazepine during embryogenesis. Obstet Gynecol 1993; 82: 705–8. Lo WY, Friedman JM. Teratogenicity of recently introduced medications in human pregnancy.
SUMMARY The clinician must be cognizant of the fact that many patients, as well as attorneys, believe that most congenital malformations must be secondary to a drug or medication taken during gestation. Counseling of such patients requires a significant degree of both knowledge and skill. Physicians must also realize that erroneous counseling by inexperienced health professionals is one of the leading stimuli for nonmeritorious litigation (Brent, 1977). Moreover, the clinician must be aware that drugs and medications represent a bountiful field for litigation, since there is a reasonable likelihood that, once the family and the attorney have concluded that there is merit to their allegation, they can locate experts who will support the nonmeritorious allegation.
15. Many of these are for topical application. Nystatin, clotrimazole, and miconazole These agents are utilized primarily for the treatment of candidiasis. , 1987a). Butoconazole, terconazole, and ketoconazole There are no large studies of the use of these three antifungal agents during pregnancy. 14 Potential adverse fetal and maternal effects of rifampin, ethambutol, isoniazid and pyrazinamide Rifampin Fetal effects None known Isoniazid Fetal effects None known Maternal effects Discoloration of urine, feces, sweat, sputum, tears Gastrointestinal intolerance Headache, fatigue, myalgia, fever Hypersensitivity Maternal effects Gastrointestinal disturbance Hepatitis Hypersensitivity Peripheral neuritis Ethambutol Fetal effects None known Maternal effects Hypersensitivity Hyperuricemia Optic and peripheral neuritis Pyrazinamide Fetal effects Unknown Maternal effects Arthralgias Elevated liver enzymes Gastrointestinal disturbance Rash Adapted in part from the USP DI (United States Pharmacopeial Convention, 2003); PDR, 2004.