By Jose Moreira
Offering a whole creation to the cutting-edge in high-speed electronic trying out with automatic try apparatus (ATE), this useful source is the 1st ebook to concentration solely in this more and more very important subject. that includes transparent examples, this one-stop reference covers all serious elements of the topic, from high-speed electronic fundamentals, ATE instrumentation for electronic purposes, and try out and measurements, to creation trying out, aid instrumentation and textual content fixture layout.
Read Online or Download An Engineer's Guide to Automated Testing of High-Speed Interfaces PDF
Similar microwaves books
This thesis offers a groundbraking technique for the radar overseas neighborhood. The detection process brought, particularly perturbation research, is completey novel displaying a impressive power of considering open air the field. Perturbation research is ready to push ahead the functionality limits of present algorithms, permitting the detection of ambitions smaller than the answer mobilephone and hugely embedded in litter.
The goods that force the instant conversation undefined, similar to mobile phones and pagers, hire circuits that function at radio and microwave frequencies. Following on from a hugely winning first version, the second one version offers readers with an in depth advent to RF and microwave circuits.
Radio astronomy is a secret to nearly all of beginner astronomers, but it's the most sensible topic to show to whilst desirous of an elevated wisdom of the sky. This guideintends to teach whole newbies to radio astronomy, and offers support for the 1st steps at the highway in the direction of the research of this attention-grabbing topic.
This publication describes the most recent implementations of built-in photodiodes fabricated in nanometer commonplace CMOS applied sciences. it is also the mandatory basics, the state of the art, and the layout of high-performance laser drivers, transimpedance amplifiers, equalizers, and restricting amplifiers fabricated in nanometer CMOS applied sciences.
- Terahertz Planar Antennas for Next Generation Communication
- Feedforward Amplifiers for Wideband Communication Systems
- CDMA Radio with Repeaters (Information Technology: Transmission, Processing and Storage)
- CMOS Multichannel Single-Chip Receivers for Multi-Gigabit Optical Data Communications
- Adaptive Signal Processing: Applications to Real-World Problems
Extra resources for An Engineer's Guide to Automated Testing of High-Speed Interfaces
14 shows the frequency spectrum of two data signals with the same data rate and data pattern but originating from different drivers. The figure shows that the driver with the slowest rise time (in this case the one with a maximum data rate of 3 Gbps) has almost no energy above 10 GHz while the 10-Gbps driver still has energy components beyond 10 GHz. 1 The Concept of Bandwidth and Its Pitfalls The concept of bandwidth for a measurement instrument or for a passive interconnect like a cable or a test fixture is very often used to define the required or expected performance of a measurement instrument or interconnect.
2. 18 Simplistic example showing how the measured BER can be different from the “real BER” due to the used pattern. For measuring a DUT BER, one needs to be able to transmit bits to the DUT, find out if the transmitted bit was correctly received by the DUT, receive bits from the DUT, and find out if the received bits correspond to the intended bits to be transmitted by the DUT. 19 shows a block diagram of two possible measurement setups. 19 Block diagram of bit error rate measurement setup for a digital I/O cell in a DUT (left: The DUT I/O cell can be programmed to a loopback mode; right: the data must be obtained after the internal logic of the device in some lower speed pins).
8, it is necessary that the impedance of the driver and receiver is equal to the impedance of the transmission line. 9 for the case of a single-ended 50 Ω transmission line. 9 Properly terminated transmission line. Several methods for transmission line termination exist. 9 and is named series termination An Engineer’s Guide to Automated Testing of High-Speed Interfaces 16 (for the ATE driver side) and parallel termination (for the DUT receiver side). Other possible termination methods are discussed in .